Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Fun in the virtual life!

I remember back in the old days (adjusts glasses, rocks in the rocking chair) of SL. People had so much fun. You could prank each other and it was all good. After all, SL was kind of a game no matter what Philip Linden thought.

So, tonight I log into my Kitely World. I notice something different over by the freebies area. I walk around it and see this:


Good one, Lecktor Hannibal. It made me think that we really don't prank each other much in OpenSim and SL has become such serious business that it is hard to find someone with a good nature that would get in on stuff like this.

I was the sort of Avie (and I use the term avie to describe the guy on the screen, if you get to know me you will find I am the same in Virtual worlds as I am in RL as far as personality, etc) who laughed in SL as the region I lived on rained those batman cubes with the animations and the sound. Some took griefing to heart. I don't blame them a bit, your virtual life is your own to lead, I just never sweat the small stuff when it came to griefing. I mean, I knew how to TP away, mute someone or what have you. Oddly, in OpenSim I don't see griefers. Not that I wish for them, I don't.. it just seems people are pretty mellow.

And believe me, this was not a griefing thing Leck did. It was hilarious to me. It took me back and also made me realize that the old SL spirit is alive and well in the Metaverse. We may be longer in the tooth than the early 2000's era, but our humor has remained in tact. And that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment